2006年11月17日

A Journey to USA (6) The Amtrak Crashed!

It's was the first time to take Amtrake, but a terrible experience to me! The Amtrak crashed!

After leaving New York Penn Station, the Amtrak had been delayed about 10 minutes. When crossing Pennsylvania, it was heavy rain. Then the train driver announced that because of the bad weather, the train would delayed about 30 minutes when arriving Washington DC.

After leaving Baltimore, 30 minutes before arriving at Washington DC, the train was becoming slower, another 10 or 20minutes later, the train stoped at a very small station.

The driver announced that there was a traffic accident happened 6 miles before Washington station. The driver and conductor both could't promise when the trian would leave, therefore, hundred of passengers got off. At first, one of the conductors suggested us be calmdown and relax. On the other hand, I saw those who get off porior all crowded in the train station. This a little rail station, just like a small rail station in the countryside of Taiwan.

But I couldn't wait anymore, because it was late and I couldn't identify the location. I left the train, and found the rail station is "BWI airport rail station ." I called Alex, my friend lived in DC, and asked his help. He inquired on the google map and found I was far away from his home one hour by driving. Then we decided that I took the airport shuttle bus to the BWI airport, then he picked me up there.

There was a young friendly girl came to ask me whether I need help or not. She told me she knew the bus from BWI airport to WashingtonDC, and she suggested me I was be able to take the local bus and transfer metro when near DC. She is a good experience backpack traveler an has traveled so many places all over the world. We took the shuttle bus together. But I decided to stay in the airport terminal and waited Alex.

Anyway, I arrived at Alex's home about 11:00pm finally , 10 hours after leaving my uncle's house in New York City. Oh it was a bad day!

1 則留言:

匿名 提到...

wow~your trip so exciting.
But thank god with you.
Hope you are everything well.
I forward to see you peaceful on December in Taiwan.
((Have a good time))